Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good ole Cash!


This is our so sweet boxer, Cash. Bryan and I got her in 2003, so she is 5 1/2 years old. We love this dog, although we don't spend as much time with her as we did before Annabelle was born.

Annabelle LOVES Cash. She hugs on her and talks to her, and always wants to let her inside to play.

Cash woke up one morning about two weeks ago and wouldn't walk. Bryan and I took her to the vet and he has said that he doesn't know what is wrong with Cash. He thinks it is some neurological problem. Cash spent 10 days with the vet and we brought her home yesterday. I can't lose this dog. I love her so much, and Annabelle loves her more. If you think about it, say a little prayer that Cash will feel better. She is on pain medicenes twice a day and antibiotics as well. She is walking, but her back legs are weak.
I'm trying to fatten her up right now. She lost 8 pounds after being with the doctor 10 days. Here's to hot dogs, bologne and hamburgers. The doctor said we will re-evaluate her in two to three weeks and see if there has been improvement. Thanks for your prayers, she is definitely part of the family.


6 comments:

The Reynolds said...

Oh sweet Cash! Em, we hope she feels better soon. I thought she was going to be able to come home sooner than she did? We will say prayers for her. Our four-legged kids are definitely part of the family too. It's crazy how much Wes loves them, so I understand. Keep us informed on how she is doing, and if we can do anything to help.

K. Wyatt McMahon, Ph.D. said...

I sure hope ole' Cash is okay. I'll be thinking about her and praying for her.

Hill Country Happenings said...

Chris and I have been together - cough - over 13 years and in this time we have had 4 dogs ~One of which turned 9 this month and who were our total babies until Miss A - I will definitely pray for Cash because without our Bailey dog - Ash and the rest of our family would be lost

Anonymous said...

Em, I am soooo sad!! I pray that Cash is ok!! I have a diabetic dog that has so many health problems and she is my little angel, so I know how tough it is to see your pet in pain :(

Marissa said...

how is cash doing???

Emily said...

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments about Cash. She is doing better. I think by looking at her, she has put on a few pounds (thanks to our good friends Linda and Laura, who have cooked Cash quiche, hamburgers and peanut biscuits all made for doggies). Right now, she is taking 12 pills a day, 8 of which are painkiller pills. We will be taking her back to the doctor next week, and I hope that the vet is pleased with her progress. She no longer yelps out and seems to be walking pretty good. We have been cherishing our time with Cash, just in case the un-thinkable happens. She seems really happy to be home and is being a really sweet puppy.