Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SANTA CAME!!!!


We were blessed with such a wonderful Christmas this year. Annabelle truly enjoyed this Christmas season, and was understanding quite a bit about Santa. I don't think that it totally clicked until she woke up Christmas morning and saw everything that she had received. We enjoyed watching her excitement (and her cute bed hair) as she played with everything she received.

Annabelle was brought a variety of items. She received a Thomas the Train set and a train table (which she absolutely LOVES, even though she is a girl), she got an American Girl Bitty Baby doll and the start-up kit (which she is totally in love with...we bring our Bitty Baby everywhere we go), she got lots of kitchen stuff like a mixer, a cake decorating set and sliceable fruits and vegetables, which is really cute...mommy enjoys this a bunch, she got some dress up clothes, Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story and last, but certainly not least "The Puppy that Swims"...this little puppy is what Annabelle would always ask Santa for when she saw him, or rather before we saw him and were not crying yet. She loves EVERYTHING that Santa gave her. I guess Swiper the elf reported everything to Santa correctly. (Swiper was our Elf on a Shelf...by the way...that little guy was invaluable!!!!!! Best $30 I have spent in awhile!)

The picture of our tree is kind of a funny story. 1st off...since the move to our rent house, we were not able to find quite a few things that have always been present on our tree. For one, the tree topper is missing, the tree skirt is missing, towards the top of the tree, some lights are out, and notice that our stockings are under something heavy on the mantel, because I couldn't find our stocking holders. It was really pretty funny, but we did make a good attempt at finding all the boxes that said "Christmas". Also, I couldn't find our box with all of our wrapping items, so I didn't have clear tape, tissue paper, wrapping paper, no bags or tags...NOTHING! So, this year I decided that since I am an accountant, and a type A personality, I would color code all of our presents under the tree. Therefore, all the red presents are for our family of 3, the green presents were for my family, and the gold presents were for Bryan's family...yes...I guess I am that anal. Anyways, we had a great time, and so many memories were made.

By the way...Mommy must have been really good too, because she received a new Gucci purse that is absolutely FABULOUS!!!! Nothing brings a smile to a girls face than to see a present wrapped by Neiman Marcus...ahhhhhhh! All smiles! Thanks, Bryan! I will post a picture, as that present probably deserves its own post!

















































































































































































5 comments:

The Reynolds said...

Annabelle, you must have been a REALLY good girl! I can't believe the variety of your toys - from baby dolls to Buzz and Woody! You sure are well-rounded! And there is nothing better than "bed head" on Christmas morning! You are still so adorable!!!!!

Hill Country Happenings said...

Annabelle,

Congrats on being such a good girl. you are sooo adorable too so that probably helps!

Monica Curry said...

Ya'll are so cute. We must get an "Elf on the Shelf" for next year, how cute and what a great idea. John also got Thomas the Train stuff, that kid is OBSESSED with trains, and I am glad to see a girl likes it too! And Woody sleeps with John almost everynight, he loves him! Sounds like Annabelle likes a little bit of everything..that is awesome!

The Simdons said...

Emily! How sweet your little family is! It has been forever! I hope you are doing great! Annabelle is so cute!

Love- Kelli Sanders Simdon

Tracy said...

Emily,
These "bed head" pictures are just perfect!! She looks like a ball of fun. I can't wait for Grace to have hair :)

Tracy & Grace