Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Prayers for Sweet Baby Abbott

Look at this absolutely ADORABLE face! This is my cousin's baby boy, Abbott. So I guess he would be Annabelle's 2nd cousin. He is the smiliest baby I have ever seen. We don't get to see him often, only a couple of times a year.

I am posting about this precious baby boy, because I want all of my viewing audience to pray for baby Abbott. I just found out that Abbott has cancer. He is just 1 year old. From what I understand, Abbott had been throwing up for about 21 days and the doctors couldn't figure out what was making him sick for so long. I believe
that the doctors discovered that he had a tumor on or around his brain. He had surgery to remove the tumor and the test results showed that it was cancerous. Of course, we are all heart-broken. How can this happen to a child that is so sweet and innocent...who makes EVERYONE laugh and smile when you are around him????? His parents have done EVERYTHING right. His mom has been blessed to stay at home with him and love on him every minute of his life. I am still in shock at this horrible news. His parents are currently in Dallas, staying at the Ronald McDonald House so they can be close to Abbott. We heard this weekend that he now has an infection where the tumor was removed and has been moved to ICU. I think that he will be going through chemotherapy soon.

I am asking everyone to PLEASE pray for this angel baby. We love him so much. Out of the HUGE family I have, I think everyone would agree that this is the sweetest, most loveable and precious baby in our family. You just can't help but to squeeze his sweet chubby cheeks and you literally light up when you are around this little ray of sunshine. Please pray that the treatments the doctors perform will remove the cancer from Abbott. Please pray for his parents, Heidi and Casey Wyatt and for their strength as parents. Please pray that the infection will not spread and that it will go away in its entirety. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...I know that God works miracles and loves all children, so I am confident that the Lord will cure this precious baby boy!

5 comments:

Hill Country Happenings said...

They are definitely in my prayers! What a beautiful sweet baby.

Jessica and Chris said...

That brings tears to my eyes. I can't imagine what they are going through. I will send lots of prayers and love their way.

The Reynolds said...

Cancer is so horrible, especially when the victim is a precious baby. I am so sorry, and I will definitely keep Abbott and his parents in my prayers. Keep us updated. What a sweet, sweet angel.

Jinna said...

We are praying! Please keep us posted.

The Simdons said...

We are praying for that sweet baby!