Monday, December 15, 2008

Scary Santa!


Annabelle LOVES the idea of Santa Claus and she loves movies about Santa. She loves The Grinch and The Polar Express, but when she is face to face with Santa, I would definitely say she is not pleased.

Of course, we have taught our children to "stay close to mommy", and "don't talk to strangers", and to "be careful, because there are lots of people around". Yet, we push our children to go to a man dressed in totally different clothing that anyone else and to sit on his lap, without a proper introduction, and then mommy steps away to get that "perfect picture". No wonder children are so confused! Annabelle is definitely not an exception...she is terrified of Santa!

The first picture is of her picture with Santa in 2007, and the next picture is this year's 2008 picture. She has the same expression on her face as the previous year...and so
does Santa. I think Santa is thinking, "get this screaming kid off my lap!". I don't blame him. Oh well, these are hilarious and I will cherish them FOREVER. Definitely scrapbook worthy pictures! Thanks for making me laugh, Annabelle!



3 comments:

Hill Country Happenings said...

at least you got a pic - Chris wont even let me torture Ash. I dont care if that sounds mean - I want the photo op right? Ash will look at Santa from a 100 yards away and start saying "I want to go home" - we have tried 7 different places - crowds or no crowds - santa is no fun!

Marissa said...

its kind of sad she is scared..but im not going to lie i laughed when i saw the pics...i prob shouldnt laugh or think its cute when she is crying, but it kind of is!! one day she'll like him :)

Holly Clem said...

Funniest thing EVER!!!!!!