Monday, October 6, 2008

Funny Coupon Story


Bryan's sweet, sweet grandmother cuts out coupons out of the paper every Sunday. She always paperclips them together and gives them to me the next time she sees me, which is just too sweet for words. I used to be pretty good about using coupons when Annabelle was in diapers, but I am just not organized enough to remember to bring them to the store and actually use them. So instead, I give them to Annabelle, my "pack rat". Annabelle ADORES anything in a Ziploc baggy, so coupons is a perfect thing to put in the baggy. One day, Bryan and I went to pick up Annabelle from his parent's house and Mammy brought some coupons out to us. We thanked her and Annabelle couldn't wait to hold them and "count them". We load everyone up to go to dinner at Rib Crib and Bryan's mom says that she will make a plate for Annabelle to bring to Rib Crib, since she probably wouldn't like BBQ. With a plate of turkey and grapes in hand, we walk into Rib Crib. It is Monday night, and to our surprise, it is $1 BBQ Brisket sandwich night. We sit down and Annabelle starts looking at her coupons and talking about them. We are talking and look up and it seems like the whole restaurant is staring at us! I ask Bryan why everyone is looking at us and he says, "Because we look like the tightest people on the entire earth! Annabelle brings in coupons, it is $1 BBQ Brisket sandwich night, and it looks like we won't buy our child a $1 sandwich, because we brought in a plate for her!" He was mortified. I thought it was hilarious, but was embarrassed too! Needless to say, we ordered lots of other food, so it didn't look like we just came for a $2 food tab. We haven't been back since!

2 comments:

Marissa said...

steve and i only drink water and i always feel so cheap when we go out and ask for water..and we dont get appetizers either bc neither one of us is a big eater..and we don't drink alcohol, so sometimes we'll try and order stuff just so they don't think we're cheap..

Donnie and Lenzi Hart said...

That cracks me up! I can just hear what Bryan must have been saying!