Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My first Blog

This is my first Blog...I know, I know...I am definitely behind the fast paced world of blogging and technology (I don't have a My Space page or a Face book page). I guess I am in that part of the generation that says that we are very up and up on the technology, but in all actuality, we are not. We are just like those old people that we make fun of all the time. I actually have several friends that blog, so I have "jumped on the bandwagon" and joined in on the fun!

I had a dream the other night about blogging. I remember waking up and thinking, "hey...that would make for a great blog." But now that I am actually typing out my very first blog, I can't think of anything to talk about. I better make this first blog good though, otherwise, people will stop reading my blog, because it isn't entertaining enough.

I think my first post will be about my family. People like to hear about everyone's families...except for those people that don't like it, of course. Anywho...my family right now consists of: My wonderful, sexy, successful husband of 7 years, Bryan. We just celebrated our 7th anniversary; I still can't believe it has been that long! We have a beautiful, happy, healthy and adorable little girl, Annabelle, who is 2 1/2 years old. She is definitely our family's crown jewel. I am a little obsessed with my child, so you have to know that this blog will mostly be about her! Last, and definitely least, is our dog, Cash. She is a 5 year old boxer, that is sweet as she can be, but poor thing is definitely not as popular as she used to be before Bryan and I had Annabelle. Bryan and I were about to give Cash to a young man that wanted an older boxer, but when Bryan and I asked Annabelle what she thought about Cash, she said, "Cash is my best friend"...so the dog stays...at least for now.

Right now, we are currently living in a rent house. Let me back up a few months and tell you why we are actually in a rent house. Bryan and I talked casually talked with a builder back in January of 2008 about the cost of building a home. He said that we could get everything our hearts desired for about $90 a square foot, without land. O.K...so that sold us. We put our house on the market, and had a contract on it in about 3 weeks. Of course...it took nearly 3 months for our house to actually close (the people purchasing our house had trouble closing on their house, so obviously, there was a trickle down effect), but that was O.K. with us, because we were in the middle of tax season and couldn't get in our house until after April anyways. Perfect! By the time we closed on our house in June, we talked to the same builder and he told us that construction was now $105-$110 a square foot without land! Hence the reason we are in a rent house. I didn't dream prices would increase $15-$20 a square foot in just 6 months! We are happy in our rent house, but it is definitely not home. I am sure there will be more to come on the house progess...so stay tuned!

Wow...this was fun. Maybe I can be organized enough to blog again. Thanks for listening. Em

1 comment:

Steve said...

That was a funny post! I particularly enjoyed how you call a rental a "rent house." Must be a Lubbock thing:) Welcome to the blog world.